Saturday, December 05, 2009

Our resolutions made during art lessons today:

1) Be open about trying out & exploring new ideas

2) Keep doing, don't be stuck at thinking stage.

3) Don't leave things to the last minute

4) Don't settle for less

5) See failure as a temporary state, a part of a working process



The last one's mine and its also supposed to be how there's no such thing as time wasted so I shouldn't be so afraid of failures.

& that I'm supposed to take things step by step and not expect excellent results on the first try. The problem with me is that I always have this perfect picture/outcome in my mind so I get frustrated, give up and procrastinate when the first step don't turn out right. Then I end up doing last minute work and produce pieces that are way below my standard.

I've emphasized on this point a million times, but that really is my resolution for next year, and it would be really crucial for my art coursework journey next year. Should think about the other points from my mates too :)



Haven't been reflecting much lately (as you can see from my posts), need to read some books, watch some movies, listen to songs or some time to chill out at a nice place (as in really chill out that might not require talking).

Will sit down by the esplanade river without my spectacles and paint one night :D

No comments: